WorkOne Western Indiana is a single point of contact for people seeking the right job or career and for Businesses looking for the right people.
Our Dislocated Worker program offer employment services to people who have been laid-off. WorkOne can help you develop a plan for your career, create a resume that helps you get a job, write an impressive cover letter and answer the tough interview questions with confidence.
Staff at WorkOne also understands the special challenges that come with being laid-off. They can provide assistance regarding home budgeting during the lay-off. Or, perhaps you need to upgrade your skills in order to be competitive in today's workforce.
For those who qualify, WorkOne has scholarships that can help cover the cost of learning skills employers are looking for such as:
- Computer classes
- SixSigma and Lean Manufacturing training
- Truck Driving training
- Many other short-term certification and longer-term programs.
WorkOne can be you source for information, scholarships, job referrals, and placement services. And these service are provided to you at no charge. Put us to work for you today! Visit one of our six conveniently located OFFICES or call (812) 238-5616 for more information.
Request for Proposals for Fiscal Services Provider for Western Indiana Workforce Inevestment Board
Contact Lisa Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org for any additonal questions or inquires
Are you a laid-off worker seeking employment
Consider On-the-Job Training
Your local WorkOne Business Team is available to assist your company in creating training programs and with recruitment assistance.
On-the-Job Training Overview
- Hands-on training you design
- Up to 50% of new employees wages compensated during training
- Employer receives direct reimbursement from WorkOne
- Training can last up to 6 months
- Must pay at least $10 per hour
- WorkOne will recruit and screen applicants
- Qualified candidates will be referred to you
- You will evaluate and hire the candidates of your choice
Meet with WorkOne staff to determine eligibility
Develop a training plan that meets your company's unique needs
- Business Team can help design training plans
- Commit to retaining the employees for at least six months after training
On-the-Job Training Results
Employees trained in your procedures, your way
- Reduce cost of hiring new people
- Save time in the recruitment and hiring process
- Increase retention rates
In Parke, Vermilion, and Vigo counties contact Laury Burris at 812-230-2023 or email@example.com
In Putnam, Clay, Sullivan counties contact Brad Trusler at 812-239-2085 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view additional Business Service Team programs and services: Click here
Western Indiana Investment Board-Quarterly Meeting
The Western Indiana Workforce Investment Board, Inc. meeting is scheduled to meet on May 23, 2013, 7:30 a.m. at the Meadows Banquet Center located near the intersection of 25th Street and Ohio Blvd on Terre Haute's east side.