WorkOne offers a variety of services for the young members of our community.
As they prepare to enter the workforce, young adults from ages 14 to 21 can take advantage of WorkOne Services including:
- Tutoring, study skills, training and instruction leading to secondary school completion, including dropout prevention strategies.
- Alternative secondary school offerings.
- Summer employment opportunities directly linked to academic and occupation learning.
- Paid and unpaid work experiences, including internships and job shadowing.
- Occupational skills training.
- Opportunities to learn about
- Positive social behavior
- Postsecondary educational opportunities
- Community and service learning projects
- Team leadership
- Life skills
- Peer-centered activities
- Supportive services.
- Adult mentoring.
- Follow-up services.
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling, including drug and alcohol abuse counseling, as well as referrals to counseling as appropriate to the needs of the youth.
Visit your local WorkOne and speak with an Employment Specialist today!